-

Whether you already have a puppy, or simply want to learn more about these wonderful little beings: this is the topic for you! : 1- A puppy is born blind, deaf, and toothless. The eyes of a puppy are closed when they are born, and it takes about 1–2 weeks before they open. Touch is the first sense a puppy experiences. So be very gentle when you pick them up!  dog facts 2.   In the U.S. alone, more than 5 million puppies are born every year. 3.When a puppy is first born, it spends 90% of its life sleeping. And the other 10%? Eating! Not a bad life, huh? In these first weeks, they need a lot of rest so their body can develop and grow. After a few weeks, their sleep hours reduce to around 14 hours per day. This is actually quite similar to a human newborn. 4.   When puppies have become fully grown dogs, they need less sleep. On average, a dog sleeps about 10 hours per day. 5.   Like human babies, Chihuahuas are born with a soft spot in their skull. This is called the molera, and it closes up as the puppy grows. 6.     In the English language, the word ‘puppy’ exclusively refers to dogs, whereas the word ‘pup’ is used for other mammals, such as giraffes or seals. 7.   Depending on the breed, some puppies can weight 1-3 lb while larger puppies can weight up to 15-23 lb. 8. When is a puppy no longer a puppy? A puppy is considered an adult when it reaches the age of one. At what age your puppy reaches maturity depends on its size and breed. Generally speaking, the smaller the breed, the sooner the puppy reaches maturity. For example, a Chihuahua puppy is considered a full-grown dog at about 10 months old. A German shepherd, however, takes about 15 months to fully mature. 9. when a puppy turns 1 year old, it is us physically mature as a 15 years old human being. 10. It takes 4 weeks for a puppy to fully develop the ability to hear. 11.   And it takes even longer, 6 weeks on average, until they develop full vision. Once a puppy’s senses have fully developed, it can – finally! – start exploring the world in earnest. 12. Because their senses are still developing, for the first six weeks, puppies will want to stay very close to their mother. Around that time, the mother will start teaching what is mean to be a dog. by encouraging him to be a bit more independent and venture out of the nest. Keep this in mind when considering getting a puppy: As a rule of thumb, it would be best to let the puppies stay with the mother and the rest of the litter for 8–10 weeks.